The Best Cheerleading Jump Exercise - Jump Explosions
Are you ready to improve your cheerleading jumps? We have the BEST exercises that will absolutely help you today!
Jump explosions are a great way to improve the height of your jumps and to practice your perfect landing; this exercise is all about lift!!! Give is a try today with the tips below and watch your jumps improve :-)
- Start with your feet together, bend your knees with your arms in an “elbows on the table” motion.
- Jump as high as you can, explode off the ground with your arms in a touchdown position.
- Point your toes.
- Land with your feet together, toe – heel and bend your knees.
- Focus on your height and lifting into the air.
Do a set of 8.
- Do this exercise on grass as well as on your mats and spring floors. The grass will be absolutely harder but you will get the most benefit from practicing there.
- Do this exercise with your team and try to have everyone jump to the same height, so your jumps will look uniform and gorgeous!
- When practicing at home, jump in front of a mirror to watch your form and to see how high you are actually jumping. Try to improve your height each time.