While at Cheer Summer Camp, you will have the opportunity to learn SO MUCH material and it may be overwhelming for a lot of your team. Here are some tips from our Experts to help you get as much as you can out of your cheer classes:
- Remind your squad that everyone is learning, mistakes are expected and that you rarely get things on the first try so KEEP TRYING!
- Keep the learning portion light and positive. Give out compliments, rewards and make the learning FUN!
- When learning dances, split up your team and send a small delegation to each of the routines as it is difficult to remember 2 or more routines, plus cheers, stunts etc. For example, if you send 5 girls to the hip hop dance and 5 different girls to the fight song, you are more likely to come back home with girls who will remember all of the curriculum.
- Video tape as much of the curriculum as you can so you can reference it and refresh your memory at practice.
- Keep a journal (and ask your cheerleaders to keep a journal as well) to take notes of what you are learning, your thoughts and how you are going to incorporate the new skills into your season.